Tips to Make your Kitchen Ideal for Entertaining
Having people over is an exciting adventure for anyone who is looking for something special and new. In fact, one of everyone’s most favourite things to do is have people over. That’s what makes entertainment-ready spaces so crucial in a home! If you want to make sure that you’ve got your kitchen designed just right to make the most out of your available entertaining space, here are some tips to make it just right for the right effect.
The best tips to make your kitchen perfect for company
No matter what you want to do, or who you want to have over in your space, these tips will help you design just the right space each time.
● Understand what entertaining means for you: For some people, it’s a cheese board and wine. For others, it’s a one-pot meal that everyone can enjoy. For others, it’s having guests help them cook and prep. Understand what entertaining and serving food means for you and your company so that you can design a space that works for you rather than something that just looks pretty but isn’t functional.
● Focus on priority seating: No one wants to hang out with you in the kitchen if the space isn’t comfortable. You’ll want to get seating that people actually want to sit on! For some, bar stools will do. But most others prefer actual dining chairs at normal height. Factor that in when it comes to bar tops or island design so that you get the right combination of options.
● Give yourself the right appliances to do the job: There’s nothing worse than an oven that’s just too small. Or, too big. Whatever you need to help you get the meal on the table for all of your guests, invest in it and get the right appliances to get the job done.
● Consider a warming drawer: If you know that you’ve got multiple plates coming together and you need to keep one warm while the other one cooks, consider investing in a warming drawer or even a toaster oven. Whatever works best for your space, having something to keep your food warm until it’s time to serve it is worth its weight in gold!
● Design an open-concept space: Lastly, try to create a kitchen that blends with either your designated entertaining space or your dining room ,etc. This way the chef is still fully part of the event but not at the expense of being able to keep an eye on the food!
Having people over and enjoying a meal together is special and very important to prioritize. If you want to do it right, start from the design of your kitchen and work outward. It’s one of those things that you wouldn’t ever think about if you weren’t familiar with the concept, but it’s really important to design a space that you will want to use and entertain in! If you want to be the envy of all of your friends and family, these tips will guide you in the right direction!
Contact VLK Kitchens today and let's starting building your dream kitchen.